The holiday season is upon us, which means many people are spending time visiting family and taking vacations. Whether you are on vacation across the country or just across town at Grandmas house, we want to make sure your home and everything in it is safe. Here are a few tips to help, so you can have a little peace of mind while you are enjoying yourself this season.
- Inform a friend or neighbor if you leave town so they can keep an eye on your home, possibly get your mail each day, and keep the side walk shoveled.
- Keep your travel plans off your social media networks
- Double check that all doors & windows are locked
- Removing any hidden keys that you may usually leave under the mat or in other “not so hidden” places
- Keep presents and valuable electronics away from windows or doors so they are not easily visible to a burglar.
- Put your lights on a timer
Wishing you all a happy and safe holiday season, from all of us at Iott Insurance!